Summer Wish List: A Jewish Mama Meme
So I was recently tagged by Amy, over at HomeShuling, to participate in a summer to-do list. Though I must admit that it contains experiences that are so far beyond my parenting skills as this point in time that I can’t imagine getting my family to participate, I love and admire her list.
We just aren’t there (yet) as a family. Maybe next summer???
We have a different must-do list this year. With The Big Move just three weeks from now, there are things that must be done before we leave.
- Walk along the beach
- Well-kid check-ups
- Prep kids’ backpacks for the plane
- Break down and order prescription sunglasses
- Make a tea date for Poppyseed and Tante B
- Forward mail from our temporary address to our permanent address
- Eat at Wilma’s Patio
- Hair appointments for the kidlets
- Spa day for me (hey, I’ve got a gift card to use!)
- Write post for Smartly
- Write post for Modern Jewish Mom
- Write post for Jewcier
- Roll down the hill in Central Park (HB) with the kids
- Spend time with SuperMom and her fam
- Finish training staff on Facebook
- Take a tour of old haunts
- Bid farewell to BubbeGiraffe and ZaydeGiraffe
- Say goodbye to our little home
Not nearly ambitious as some other lists I’ve seen. But if we are able to cross off each of these items in the next three weeks, our leavetaking will be just a little sweeter.