Welcome Back!

Friday, 18 January 2008

I don’t think that I fully appreciated how awful Peach had been feeling until this morning…when he woke up acting like his old self again. And I certainly didn’t realize how much I had missed him!

For two months, my happy, playful baby had been replaced by a kvetchy, clingy, screetchy kid. His chatty, sparkly personality was gone.

And now? Good news on the medical front:

Right ear: perfect
Left ear: OME (otitis media eclusion). In layman’s terms — no infection; just lingering fluid.

This is VERY good.

with Shabbos just a few hours from now, a tremendous weight has been lifted. My baby isn’t sick anymore. His pain, and therefore my pain, is gone.

Is there a better way to greet the Sabbath Bride than with a heart full of gratitude and peace?

1. Friday, 18 January 2008 8:16 pm

Sarah!

That’s wonderful news for welcoming shabbat! Thank you so much for your comment on my “what am I going to say in my d’var” post. It was the inspiration for a very well-received d’var.

Even Rabbi Schaalman loved it. Speaking in front of him is intimidating, but he was very sweet.

Thank you!
    Leah

2. Saturday, 19 January 2008 5:35 pm

glad to hear peachy is doing better…give him a kiss from me:-)

3. Frume Sarah permalink
    Saturday, 19 January 2008 6:10 pm

Leah — Oh, I’m so glad!! Speaking in front of one’s rabbi is ALWAYS intimidating. Even for a rabbi!! I’d love to see a copy 🙂

Phyllis — thanks! Will do. Hope you and your patient are feeling well. Have fun tomorrow!!

4. Monday, 21 January 2008 11:46 am

I wrote the whole d’var out, so you can read it and use it next year. 🙂

5. Frume Sarah permalink
    Monday, 21 January 2008 11:51 am

Thanks!! I won’t actually use it as such…what I like to do is draw inspiration from other great minds 🙂 And give credit, of course!

6. Thursday, 24 January 2008 2:21 pm

Great post. You may be interested in this too: http://www.americansforisrael.com/