The First Day
Top Ten Best Things About Today:
10. Discovering that exterior shots of this hotel were used for the fictional St. Gregory in the 80’s drama, Hotel.
9. Putting faces together with names I’ve seen on our rabbinic listservs.
8. People-watching while enjoying a quick cup of coffee and a croissant.
6. Lunch in Chinatown. The concierge recommended a place that was “a short walk” from the hotel. It would have been lovely for her to mention the HUGE hills. The “short walk” was 20 minutes there and about 30 minutes back. In her defense, however, the food was TOTALLY worth it!
5. The delicious appetizers at tonight’s reception. Loved that everything was dairy and pareve. Didn’t have to wonder what was in the egg rolls.
4. Having my own room.
3. Studying about the Talmudic perspectives regarding dreams with Dr. Dvora Weisberg. The two fastest hours. Did not want it to end.
2. Tweeting the Opening Session. New Visions for Our Jewish Communities with Joe Green, Founder of Facebook’s Causes, and Daniel Sokatch, CEO of the New Israel Fund. Moderated by Rabbi Stephen Pearce of Congregation Emanu-El of San Francisco.
and the Number One best part of today…