Statistics

Wednesday, 27 October 2010

According to the statistical information, 2.3% of the 808,210 residents of the Lehigh Valley are Asian. Which is drastically lower than the 25.76% in my hometown.

I don’t know where the 2.3% were hiding, but I didn’t see a single Asian resident of the Lehigh Valley.

The one Asian I did see is from out-of-town.

Yo-Yo Ma was giving a concert at Lehigh University on Saturday night. And had the misfortune of attempting to catch an elevator at the same time our entire group was heading out for the out-of-towners’ dinner. Fortunately, he was in no rush and took the next car.

1. Amitzah permalink
    Wednesday, 27 October 2010 11:13 pm

WHAT? Not fair. So not fair. I love him.

By the way, I found the 2.3% for you on Friday morning. Panda Dry Cleaners on Catasauqua. No joke.

Friday, 29 October 2010 11:36 am

Of course. I never got to the dry cleaners.

I love him too and it was truly a highlight for me 😉

2. Thursday, 28 October 2010 6:14 am

I have a friend who lives in the Lehigh Valley, I’ll ask 😉

Also, when I started at the major university in the area you currently reside (cryptic enough?), the official data was that the uni was 73% asian. Take that Lehigh Valley!

Friday, 29 October 2010 11:37 am

Only 73%? I would have thought higher…

3. Thursday, 28 October 2010 11:01 am

Oo, oo, I saw him live at the Hollywood Bowl a couple of years ago. He has been doing a wonderful project on the (musical) cultures of the Silk Road. How nice to see him up close and personal, even if you didn’t get to hear him play!

PS the new Whole Foods in HB has a Pho bar, so I think those statistics might skew this way on any given day!

PPS Yes, I know “when will I see you” 🙂

Friday, 29 October 2010 11:37 am

I am familiar with his Silk Road project. He is amazing!!!

And I really do hope to catch up with you soon 😉