A Girl & Her Daddy

Monday, 30 January 2012

Having been away all week, PC was due to arrive home at eleven o’clock last night.
In addition to missing her daddy, Poppyseed was especially concerned that PC had spent his birthday travelling home rather than actually being at home.
So at about 7:14pm, she suddenly decided that she wanted to decorate the house. Ninety minutes later, we had paper chains to greet him. [Those Sukkah decorating skills sure do come in handy sometimes.]

Poppyseed: You know, I’d really like to make dinner for Daddy.
FrumeSarah: That sounds lovely. I’ll go marketing tomorrow while you’re at school. What would you like to make?
Poppyseed: Not tomorrow; tonight.
FrumeSarah: Oh sweetie, Daddy’s going to be home very late. He’ll just want to go to sleep.
Poppyseed: OR…he’ll be hungry since it’ll be so long since he ate. I was thinking of a nice chicken…

Did I mention that it was now half past nine?

In the end, Poppyseed made heart-shaped salami sandwiches surrounded by baby carrots and apple slices.

He loved it.

1. Jockbro permalink
    Monday, 30 January 2012 9:48 am

Wow, such a sweetheart!

Monday, 30 January 2012 1:24 pm

As I know yours are…and one day, they’ll do this for you. I . Can’t. Wait.

2. Monday, 30 January 2012 10:29 am

There is something special about girls and their daddies. Very sweet.

Monday, 30 January 2012 1:25 pm

I was actually thinking of you and your dark-haired beauty as I wrote this…

3. Monday, 30 January 2012 10:33 am

WOW. I love this. So sweet!!!!!!! (P.S. Do you really say “go marketing”!? You’re so cute and old-fashioned…)

Monday, 30 January 2012 1:25 pm

That’s what MamaBear, z”l always said. I didn’t realize it was old-fashioned. 😉

• Wednesday, 1 February 2012 10:13 am

Yeah, people have commented on my using that term as well. I got it from Gma too. It isn’t even an affectation, like the way I use fellows (picked that up after reading How to Win Friends and Influence People).

4. Monday, 30 January 2012 12:21 pm

What a thoughtful kid! I’m sure it was so much better than the airline food.

Monday, 30 January 2012 1:26 pm

Yes, although he did admit to a savoury dinner at the Atlanta airport…